So those that know me know that I am a complete sucker for neologisms and fancy myself a rather creative lexiconist (yep, think I’ll write my own dictionary of fun words someday). Additionally, I just love words, grammar, language, et. al. Today, I share with you a silly post along those lines. Let’s wordplay.
Orchasm – n. The immeasurable distance between one choice and another.Or, with its grammar of gestation. Or, with its suggestive reservoir of participles of posing; its gerunds of guessing; its infinitives of "to do this" or "to do that." Or, the signature nomenclature of choice and mystery.But is it possible for the divide between "either" and "or" to be exciting? I don't know. Anxiety-producing, yes, but exciting? Probably not. After all, can Sir Climax enter, stage right, without Madame Tension's exit, stage left? [Reverse genders there, if you like.] Anyway, ask Soren Kierkegaard.For orchasm, picture Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken," a paean to the possibilities of choice.
Orgasm: Such a fun…a-hem, word to play with.
orghasm - n. A ghastly but somehow pleasurable sexual experience.
boregasm - n. The peak of sexual pleasure evoked by an utterly boring person.
floorgasmic - adj. Having the qualities of a sexual crescendo that just floors you!
soargasmic – adj. Having the qualities of a sexual crescendo that cause you to feel as though floating or flying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
yourgasm - In post-coital discussion, used to describe your partner's orgasm.
Thanks for the laughs this one brought on an otherwise craptastic (hmm, I guess you do come up with a lot of them) Friday.
Fun times last night too. Could that doc have been any more flirty with you?
- C
Who needs Ambrose Bierce - I say give the reigns of Webster over to Karen. Hopefully she'll make it more "exciting". At least she'll be ..ehem.. excited whilst writing it.
ah-ha - found it - From the devils dictionary - figured this would be somewhat appropriate
DECIDE, v.i.
To succumb to the preponderance of one set of influences over another set.
prozacgod, I concur. Our Karen has a gift for tinkering with language, does she not?
Princess, there are days that your blog is probably the best thing I read. This one, however, was not so much mentally stimulating so much as it was otherwise ;p
If I think of anything clever I'll come back and repost.
Almost forgot - it was a little mentally stimulating because I did have to look up prurient - jerk ;)
Bwah ha ha - this is a great one! You are a dirty little girl, you know it?
hmmm - got it:
tourgasm - the act of making many pleasurable experiences whilst touring various places (kind of like a pub crawl but replace the pubs and their pints with other locales and intercourse)
Post a Comment