Really, I hate to argue with the bard, but would a rose by any other name still smell as sweet? It seems to me that humans are an easily influenced bunch…
Just trying to avoid work so catching up on some reading from a couple of my favorite spots. Right now, it’s Ben Smith. Ben reports on a recent poll by the True Patriot Network which found that more Americans (of the ones polled) find McCain patriotic than do Obama.
I don’t have much time, but I wonder if perhaps the people polled have confused “patriotic” with “jingoist”. While they might often be cross-referenced as synonymous, they really are not. Clearly one of the two is sweeter than the other.
Anyway, just bored, and I am anxiously awaiting the Senator’s VP pic…I’m aware this does not make my life sound very exciting, but I don’t care. For what it's worth, I think he's leaning Romney, but I'm a bit intrigued by Ridge (not to mention a bit sad I missed him in my initial top 3).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad you were bored. I was drowning.
"Jingoist" - I love it. You could have also said nationalist. Either way it's a tad closer to the reality.
It's a shame that a group more prone to the dem side takes and publishes a poll that makes their candidate look inferior (at least by some people's standards).
- C
Oh man, I hope you are watching (or knowing you, TIVOing to watch later) this acceptance speech.
Yeah...not patriotic...umm say whu?
So I dpn't really have any thoughts here but wanted to say I love the way you always come up w/great titles and leads. You always entertain me.
Smooches :x
Post a Comment