Friday, September 26, 2008

De Bait! De Bait!

Wow, a few months ago I was completely jaded and had completely lost all interest in this presidential election; my how the tides have turned! First, there were the VP picks; both of which piqued my interest and renewed some faith in the whole process for me. Now, we have the seasoned Senator actually calling to cancel…er, ahem, I mean, postpone the first of three presidential debates (not to mention the canceling of the VP debate altogether, but I’m not even touching that mess). It’s all crazy right?

Well, I don’t know. In my humble opinion, it might just be genius. Really, if McCain can convince the American public that he is genuinely taking an “above politics” approach then he might just reel in a new crop of supporters; I’m just not sure how many Americans are biting on this tactic. I fear for the old man, that many will view it with complete derision. It’s a lovely sentiment and whatnot, but really I think the majority of Americans want a President that is capable of a little multi-tasking.

Anyway, I know I’ve been a negligent blogger, and I have so much more churning on this one as well as the bailout / economic situation disaster that we’re in; however, I’ve just too much to do in too little of time these days. Ugh, okay, I can’t sign off without saying a little more…It’s unlikely that the calamitous state of our economy is going to improve through hurried legislation. This bailout biz is a train wreck for the general public. Actually, perhaps there’s an even more applicable analogy; it’s a band-aid for a situation that needs a far more in-depth treatment plan. I don’t know about the rest of you (I certainly welcome your thoughts on it all), but I don’t trust such an exorbitant amount of money in so few hands.

I implore everyone to be actively involved in your political choices though. Read the news. Watch the debates (when they happen). Etc. With regard to the bailout I urge you to read a little
something from the Campaign for Liberty peeps.

On a friendly note, I also wish you all a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

Prozacgod said...

Normally I stay out of political situations, but I think this whole thing might make me comment. I tweeted Jon Stewart's response to this, kinda scary really.

The Federal Reserve is such a crock, I can't fathom why we haven't fixed this issue. It's like somehow, somewhere, someone decided to "privatize" American money. WTF mate? Yes people, the American dollar really is a privatized institution. Just an FYI, (IMHO) - Socialize medicine is a "Wag the Dog" for Americans who don't realize we really need socialized currency. The problem with this situation is the approachability for the layman with currency evaluation vs. socialized medicine - the latter just seems easier to understand.

Anyway, I could rant for hours on that :P

You have a good weekend too!! (anything good at ragtag? is this a cartoon saturday?)

(Okay I'm going to blog my humble opinion on this ..)

Anonymous said...

"I don’t trust such an exorbitant amount of money in so few hands"

That was my first gut reaction when I heard of the bail out plan and especially when I heard how much money that would entail.

My mom said, "That's going to be our tax money bailing out businesses, you know that right?"

PHSSST! All that money amounts to, AFTER TAXES, $140,000 some odd dollars for each adult American. Don't tell me that is just tax money. Can we say, getting in over our heads? Adding a few more cents to our trillions in debt? God only knows. But it doesn't even really matter; the whole thing is a crock.

Anyway, good post!

Anonymous said...

These moves by McCain are hilarious. Check out the video from Veracifier, awesome.

The Congress fought to keep the damage of this $700b out of the hands of taxpayers, as far as where the money comes from, and instead says the money will come from the industry it is bailing out. High return on investment is what they are promising and that is as of today from Nancy Pelosi. Hope that is true!

All the tax cuts we've been getting are just stupid. The refund check we got for $300-1200 to stimulate teh economy was, in my opinion, a very stupid move. Instead, build something, create jobs, work to fix our education system so we can go from number 25 to number 1 and make our kids today valuable in the future. Otherwise we are just sending work to countries with more qualified employment.

Gah!