Wednesday, September 10, 2008

United We Lick and some other stuff


...gosh! No...perverts!

I was just taking a little break and decided to peruse The Colbert Report's page, whereupon I came across this oldy but goody. Stephen Colbert, I do so HEART you!

You have to watch as he interviews Ben and Jerry, and the commentary that their political views are evident in ice cream names such as "Chunky Monkey" had me laughing out loud...pro-evolution - teehee!

Anyway, my days & nights are super-full lately so my apologies for being an absent blogger or if I've been slow on email responses, etc. Sadly, I don't think it's going to get much better for a while. I start the second job tomorrow at Jack's Gourmet. It's not my favorite place, but it's relatively close to my house, not open too late and has high check averages. I hope that this doesn't result in me disappointing the Twitter crew with a cancellation on Wet Hot American Summer and costume contest. I do enjoy the Twitter peeps, and everyone knows I love to get dressed up :-(

I simply must start that second job as that = mo' money, and mo' money = MINI Cooper sooner for me :-) Oh yeah, yesterday I actually drove a tiny bit on Forum, traffic signals and everything *rolls eyes*. New goal is driving to work in the a.m.'s before October (rush hour on Providence & Stadium...hooray!)

Lastly, I am beyond excited to be enrolling in YogaFit® certification in November. It's just basic but will allow me to instruct if I can find a place - woohoo!

It's going to be a busy autumn, but I am eager to keep progressing with these things. I'll try not to be MIA too often. In between work(s), Studio and driving I am working up little somethings on the electoral college and orthorexia (separate blogs of course) for your leisurely reading enjoyment ;-)

Putting much love and happiness out there. Hope you enjoy(ed) Mr. Colbert and the masterminds of lactose novelties.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dollface, the clientele at Jack's isn't going to know what hit 'em. Yes, everyone knows you love to dress up, but I also know you rock a pair of black dress pants pretty sweetly too.

Good luck at the new job and with continued driving. I still can't believe you're letting you're husband teach you. Most couples would kill each other.

I'd rather see Jon Stewart bundled in a flag, but it was funny. Jon Stewart = dreamy.

- C

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love the shredded taxes and hash remark!

I agree those old men are going to need their heart medication ;-)

I'm sure your Todd is being great about the lessons. Just think - you are going to be so cute in that car.

Prozacgod said...

Yeah, a really cutie - I've been seeing lots of mini-coops lately and I keep thinking, one of these days I'll glance over and see Karen in the driver seat - and at least just once the driver will get out an apologize for hitting me. :P

I'm not gonna lie the dishes on jacks page look delish. Let us know when you start, well schedule a raid .. I mean a gathering at your expense .. I mean you're friends will come and tip you well.

I've always loved BJ's they're great! You know.. the Ice Cream. So many wonderful flavors.